Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pastel Leopard Print

Hi guys! How are you doing? I'm still stressing over finals over here (Need. Summer. Break..) but still squeezing in some time for manis. Since it's summer I haven't been feeling very Christmass-y (we haven't even put out decorations), so today's mani is nothing at all holiday-related, but still cute (if I do say so myself).

Today's mani started because I wanted to combine Essie Splash of Grenadine and Lapis of Luxury. I've always loved how these two shades look together, no surprise since they were both released in the same collection (Essie Resort 2010, the only collection I wish I had whole *sigh*).

Also, I've been wanting to try out a leopard print manicure, and one thing lead to another...
The base of my manicure is two coats of Splash of Grenadine in almost all my nails. As an accent, I painted three coats of Lapis of Luxury on my index and thumb. Of these two, Lapis of Luxury has the trickier formula, but it's not impossible to work with.
I used a dotting tool for the spots: with one end I added some spots of Splash of Grenadine over the nails painted with blue and after that was dry I used the other end to add the black spots with Essence Galactic Black.

Overall, I loved this look and it was really simple to do the spots. I look forward to make a full leopard mani next time.

What's your favorite nail art look? Share it on the comments :)

Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. ¡¡Que preciosidad!! ¡Me encanta como te ha quedado! ¡Los colores son muy bonitos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gracias Ele! :) Estos colores son de una marca que se llama Essie, no sé si estará por allá. Te enviaré por FB algún tutorial para estas uñas, es muy fácil de hacer :3

      Delete
  2. these colors are SO pretty! i never really noticed them before, but i feel like i need them now O___O you did an awesome job on the leopard print and now i want to give it a go too! also, i love how your lighting in the last photo creates a line right down your nails :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Eileen! this whole collection was beautiful, but these two colors particularly stand out together. I think they're core? I hope you can find them over there :) Oh, and I like what you saw on the last pic, great idea for a next mani :D

      Delete
  3. Ooh, these colours are *beautiful* together! Awesome job with your leopard print to really bring them together too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Splash looks very very pretty! I'm curious. When is summer season from where you are? ours happen , april may

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how both colors go so well together. I really like Essie polishes but some have a great formula and others are just terrible. I always check reviews on the internet before getting one of them so as to not one of the crappy ones.

    ReplyDelete