Friday, June 1, 2012

Nail Mail

Last week I took a flash trip, and look what was waiting for me on my return... nail mail!



Anyone up for a closer look?



First we have two of the OPI NYC Ballet collection, Don't Touch my Tutu and Are You Callin' Me a Lyre? (oh, silly, silly names). I usually run away from sheers, this are the first I've ever own, but I was hopeful that their jelly texture would change my mind. I already did a mani with these, and yes, they're wonderful.



Next we have some new Zoyas that a kind NBer sent my way, because Zoya is almost impossible for me to get, Mimi and Arizona (this one from the new summer collection). I was attracted by the beautiful shade of orange that is Arizona, even though I'm not a fan of that color, plus I'm a big Grey's Anatomy fan.



Finally we have Essie Navigate Her and Orly Ingenue (from the Holiday Soireé) collection. The Essie was also sent to me by the same girl who send me the Zoyas (thank you, thank you!!), the Orly I bought on eBay. 

I'm a little disappointed by Navigate Her, I thought it'd be a bright pistachio green, as I saw on promo pics and some swatches. This is a reaaally pale green and more cool toned. I'm on the fence on what to do with it, frankening to make it look like I anticipated or swapping? :( The Orly, on the other hand, looks glorious and I can't wait to try it.

Do you have any nail mail coming? What do you think of my latest picks? I'd love to read your thoughts. Thanks for reading!

La semana pasada tuve que hacer un viaje flash inesperado y adivinen que me esperaba a mi regreso... esmaltes!

Primero tenemos unos esmaltes de la colección NYC Ballet de OPI, Don't Touch my Tutu y Are You Callin' Me a Lyre? (que pedí por eBay) Por lo general huyo de estos esmaltes tan suavecitos, de hecho, estos son los primeros que compro, pero tenía esperanzas en estos porque son jellies. Ya los probé esta semana, y se ven preciosos.

Después tenemos un par de Zoyas que una amiga de un foro me envió amablemente, ya que esta marca no está disponible en mi país y cuesta un ojo de la cara pedirla en línea, son Mimi y Arizona. Aunque el naranjo no es de mis colores favoritos, me atrajo mucho el color de Arizona (además de que soy una gran fan de Grey's Anatomy).

Finalmente, tenemos Essie Navigate Her y Orly Ingenue. El Essie me fue enviado por la misma amiga (muchas gracias!) y el Orly lo compré en eBay. La verdad estoy un poquitito decepcionada con Naivgate Her ya que yo pensaba que sería un color pistacho más intenso y este es realmente pálido y más de tonos fríos. No me he decidido a que hacer con el, si alterarlo para que se vea como yo quería o cambiarlo. Por otro lado, el Orly es preciosisímo y no hallo la hora de probarlo.

¿Tienes correo esmaltístico pendiente? ¿Qué te parecen mis nuevas adquisiciones? Me encantaría leer sus comentarios. Gracias por leer!

1 comment: