Monday, June 4, 2012

Soft french with OPI NYC

Hi guys! Last week I had a presentation an needed a subtle mani for the ocassion. Since I had just got my first sheer polishes, from the OPI NYC Ballet collection, I decided to try pairing them up in a french mani.



For the base I used two coats of Are You Callin' me a Lyre? and for the tips Don't Touch my Tutu. As everyone is aware of now, these are very sheer jellies. They are really easy to work with and leveled quite  well, and look so shiny and yummy. I don't know how many coats it'd have taken for full opacity, my guess is... a lot.



I usually run away from french manis because they strike me as tacky, but I was really pleased with the result. It is very subtle and soft, so much at first no one noticed I had anything on my nails (as if my nails would look this pretty naked LOL). Overall it was a nice change from my usual loud and bright manis.



What do you think of this take on the french mani? Have you tried any of the OPI NYC Ballet shades?

Thanks for reading!


 Hola chicas! La semana pasada tuve una presentación y para la ocasión necesitaba una manicure bien sutil. Como recién me habían llegado mis esmaltes OPI de la colección NYC Ballet decidí probar hacer una manicure francesa con ellos.

Para la base utilicé dos capas de Are You Callin' me a Lyre? y para la punta blanca dos capas de Don't Touch my Tutu. Los esmaltes de esta colección tienen una fórmula jelly que los hace muy fáciles de aplicar y se nivelaron bien en las capas que usé. No sé cuantas capas tome hacer que el color sea completamente opaco... creo que muchas.

Aunque por lo general huyo de la manicure francesa porque me parece un poco cursi y repetida, me gustó mucho como quedó esta. Es sutil y muy suave y a simple vista no pareciera que llevara nada en las uñas.

¿Qué les parece esta manicure francesa? ¿Han probado alguno de los esmaltes de la colección NYC Ballet de OPI?

Gracias por leer!

4 comments:

  1. The French mani suits you! It looks clean and put together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! :) I'm not good at freehanding french tips, but DTMT was so forgiving one can't really notice :p

      Delete
  2. Every once in a while, a nice, plain french mani is SO good for the soul! This looks beautiful on you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! It's not my usual kind of mani, but at least now I have an alternative for those you need I need something more "professional" :)

      Delete