Thursday, February 6, 2014

OPI Movin' Out and Stamping

Hey guys! How are you doing? Did the first month of 2014 treat you well? I hope so :) I'm doing well, just a bit disconnected from the blogs because it's summer break here and summer always means bad things to my nails.

Anyway, today's mani is this sort of challenge/twinsie mani I did with my blogging friend Chester from Chester's Drawers :) To celebrate her acquisition of OPI Movin' Out we set a challenge to use this polish in a stamped mani,  the theme being "floral". So here's my take
OPI Movin' Out is a super sheer polish, with a slightly mauve base but filled with red-to-green pigment, which make this polish stand out so much. Originally released with the Holiday on Broadway collection back in 2003, this polish has achieved HTF status now.
As a base for my mani I used China Glaze Purrfect Plum. Then I stamped over it with Konad Special White using the BM221 plate (my original intention was to use my newly received Create Your Own plates, but none of the images was "floral" enough in my opinion, so I went with an old favorite).

Then I added one generous coat of OPI Movin' Out, using the sheerness to my advantage to turn the white stamping into light pink.

In real life the color shift from gold to green is more visible and prominent than in my pics but two things happened: a) in summer I don't get direct sunlight in the spot I usually takes pics of manis and b) my softbox was apparently tossed out with the rest of the boxes from when we were going to move, so I need to make me a new one :(

Anyways I hope you ejoyed my mani and don't forget to stop by Chester's blog to see her take on our theme :) Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Holy goodness, I love your mani! I *have to* remember your trick though - the result is lovely and less harsh than stark white. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! The colors look perfect together!

    ReplyDelete