Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Top 5 Manis from 2014

Hey girls! As you know, I'm on a kind of hiatus because of my short nails, but I saw someone on Instagram posting their favorite manis of 2014 and thought it'd be a great idea for a post, so here we are. Today I'm going to share with you my favorite manis from this years that is almost gone now, some are here because of the skill put into them and the result and some were added because of sentimental value. So, in no particular order, here we go!

Summer Nails (November 2014)
I loved this mani because of the combination of colors and the matte neon glitter just scream summer to me, which is probably my favorite season. It's also the first mani where I used my new Topa Topa plates and loved how they stamp, plus Freckles by Polish me Silly is one of my favorites glitters ever.

Watercolor Birds (October 2014)
During this year I experimented a lot with stamping, using the decal and leadlight techniques, and here is my favorite experiment from the year. The background stampin sandwiched between a sheer polish and the OPI Sheer Tints made a beautiful watercolored kind of background for the black stamping, done with Moyou London's Mother Nature 02 plate, that I had been "lemming" for so many months.

The Color Run Splatter Mani (August 2014)
This is one of the mani I included because of sentimental reasons, although I do love the final result too. I did this one to conmemorate my first 5k participation, which was The Color Run. Since then I've been constantly training for the 5k (still can't run the whole way, but getting there!) and I've attended a few more running events. Picking up running is one of the best things that happened to me during this year, it's a great stress reliever :)

Nailart Inspired by a Pen (August 2014)
 I think this one is my favorite mani because of the level of skill it required, as it was all handpainted. Also because it combines two of my biggest hobbies currently: nail polish and fountain pens :) I love writing letter and journaling with different combinations of fountain pens and ink, there's something just so charming about those pens. I love the colorful ones, which can be hard to find, and this one with the bunnies is one of my favorites ever.

Happy Easter! (April 2014)
Finally, another one that was included for sentimental reasons. This was my Easter Day mani and it wouldn't mean so much if it wasn't because I did this one of my first meet-up with my nail polish buddy Ann. We found eachother by chance on a Facebook group ad quickly became close friends due to our mutual interest in nail polish, specially indies. She's been a constant inspiration and support and made my 2014 more awesome, so yay for friendship :)

And that's it! I hope you liked my little recap and I look forward to sharing more new mani with you in 2015! (I have an old one programmed to publish in a few days, but after that, I'll be posting new manis)

Thanks for reading and have a happy and safe New Year celebration! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment